Sunday, October 28, 2007



Bethlehem Ghosts

I saw prolific author Katherine Ramsland at a regional writer's conference. I'm pretty sure Katherine never sleeps--she was one of the faculty at the conference, and she asked if I'd seen her new book Bethlehem Ghosts yet. I hadn't, but I was looking forward to it.

"Don't buy it; I'll give you one," she said, then told me that I'm mentioned in the Acknowledgments and quoted in the text, too. She'd already given me a boost by publicly suggesting I should be on the answering end of the Q&A panel instead of asking questions. (Like many writers, I often show a confident "game face," but underneath I'm a contradiction: at once prideful yet simultaneously self-doubting.) So I had a lift in my step as I left the conference, partly thanks to Katherine.

So buy the book, willya? It could be ordered through Moravian Book Shop, and there might be some private sales through Amazon.

No comments: